Our team at Ashworth Riverwood upholds confidentiality and treats clients’ privacy at its utmost importance. We are committed to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles. We ensure that your Personal Information is at safe hands.
1. What is ‘Personal Information’?
“Personal Information” is information or an opinion about a named individual (or a reasonably identifiable individual), whether accurate or false, and whether or not the information is preserved in a material form.
2. What Personal Information do we collect?
Ashworth Riverwood may collect and hold Personal Information about a range of people, including:
- clients (past. present and future), as well as their staff or/ and employee;
- suppliers, business associates, and their staff or/ and employee;
- employees (past, present, and future), as well as independent contractors; and
- any persons who might come into contact with Ashworth Riverwood or our customers.
The Personal Information collected and used by Ashworth Riverwood may include:
- name, residential and postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses;
- information about your occupation and employer;
- financial data, such as payment and bank account information;
- Tax File Numbers and Australian Business Numbers; and
- other Personal Information relevant to the services which we provide.
3. Why do we collect Personal Information?
Ashworth Riverwood gathers Personal Information that is reasonably necessary for us to perform one or more of our tasks or operations, such as for the purposes listed below.:
- providing you with legal services and advice, as well as any other services that may be of interest to you;
- invoicing, bookkeeping, and related administration;
- keep in touch with you as part of an established commercial partnership;
- providing you with legal updates with the relevant articles to you rom time to time; and
- any other legal requirements including any required by the Legal Profession Uniform Law Application Act 2014 (NSW) and the Legal Profession Uniform Law.
- If you choose not to provide your Personal Information to Ashworth Riverwood, we may not be able to undertake certain activities for you such as providing you with requested information or services.
4. When and how do we collect Personal Information?
- Ashworth Riverwood gathers Personal Information in a variety of ways: when interacting with current, former, and potential clients, in correspondence with clients or third parties (including government agencies), and in court records and other publicly available sources,
- At times, Ashworth Riverwood may need to get Personal Information about you from a third party. In general, Ashworth Riverwood will only gather your Personal Information from sources other than you if collecting it directly from you is unreasonable or impracticable.
5. How Ashworth Riverwood keeps your Personal Information secure?
Your personal information is protected by Ashworth Riverwood from unauthorised access, modification, use, and disclosure.
Personal information handled by Ashworth Riverwood is kept in a secure environment, regardless of whether it is saved on paper or electronically. We make certain that only authorised workers, agents, and contractors have access to your personal data.
Ashworth Riverwood takes all reasonable steps to guarantee that personal information is securely destroyed when it is no longer needed or required by law.
6. Information collected via our Website
- Ashworth Riverwood will not collect any Personal Information about users of our Website except when they knowingly provide it or as otherwise described below. For example, Ashworth Riverwood may collect Personal Information from users of the Website when they:
- complete an online form; and/or
- otherwise correspond with Ashworth Riverwood.
Click Stream Data
- When you visit and browse our Website, our Website host may collect Personal Information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes. Subject to clause 4, the Personal Information collected by our Website host will not be used to identify you. The information may include:
- the number of users visiting our Website and the number of pages viewed;
- the date, time and duration of a visit;
- the IP address of your computer; or
- the path taken through our Website.
- Our Website Host uses this information to administer and improve the performance of our Website.
- Cookies are small text files that are transferred to a user’s computer hard drive by a website for the purpose of storing information about a user’s identity, browser type or website visiting patterns.
- If you access our Website, a cookie is downloaded onto your computer’s hard drive when you first visit our Website. You can adjust your internet browser to disable cookies, however Ashworth Riverwood may not be able to provide you with all the service or functionality you require on our Website if you choose to do so.
- Web beacons are images that originate from a third party site to track visitor activities. Ashworth Riverwood may use web beacons to collect aggregate data and provides this information to our Website host to administer and improve the performance of our Website.
7. How long will Ashworth Riverwood keep your Personal Information?
We will keep your Personal Information only for as long as required for our functions or activities and otherwise as required by Australian law. If we no longer need to keep your Personal Information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your Personal Information. If you wish to have your Personal Information destroyed or de-identified and Ashworth Riverwood is not required to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk management purposes, please contact us in any of the ways specified in clause 8 and we will take reasonable steps to comply with your request.
8. General Information
The current version of this Policy can be obtained via Ashworth Riverwood website at https://ashworthriverwood.com.au/privacy/ or by contacting us by emailing email@example.com.